Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Systems Analysis, Data Communications, Database Systems Software Engineering, E-Commerce and Web Design, Object-Oriented Programming (Java and/or Visual Basic) as well as a basic understanding of Microprocessor Design and Design of computing Languages
- Analyze, implement and manage computer systems in their technical and managerial dimensions.
- Understand and apply the theories and principles of systems design in real-life hardware and software projects.
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program.
- Explain the principles and theories of ethical decision-making and their practical implications in the everyday conduct of business.
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the fields of programming, software engineering and IT systems support and administration.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound technical and managerial decisions;
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis and interpretation as well as deep understanding of mathematics, essential for computer science professionals;
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications;
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behaviour, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study, it starts in October, January.