Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Describe the nature of psychology as a discipline
- Describe the basic characteristics of the scientific method as it applies to psychology
- Follow the APA Code of Ethics in the treatment of human and nonhuman participants in the design, data collection, interpretation, and reporting of psychological research.
- Seek and evaluate scientific evidence for psychological claims.
- Understand the values in psychology
- Learn how to implement psychological knowledge, skills and values in occupational pursuits in a variety of settings.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- Effective writing and oral communication skills,
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and personal development,
- Quantitative and qualitative literacy,
- Socio-cultural and international awareness.