Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of communications analysis, communications decisions, public relations, advertising, business ethics and consumer and organizational behaviour.
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program.
- Demonstrate knowledge in business fundamentals including understanding of management science, economics, accounting, computing and information systems, organizational behaviour, business law and ethics;
- Communicate in a range of spoken business situations in a cross cultural context;
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of business communciations.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound business and personal decisions;
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis, interpretation and extrapolation;
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behavior, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study, it starts in October.